In today’s world, mobile phones are not only the mode of communication to one another but it seems like a guide towards the path of future as mobile phones offer many feathers but some of them (for example- Map, calculator, watch, camera, radio and so much) in the past for all these purposes you need to have each differently but now it’s on your mobile phone altogether. We need to appreciate the discovery of cell phones as they changed the way of living but It all started in the year 1926.
Come Let us explore the history of mobiles phones across the world.
Turning points in the history of Mobile Phones
- In the year 1926, there was a success story which was offered by a first-class passenger on Deutsche Reichsahn as it was the first successful attempt of telephone service opportunity in the world.
- In 1946 the first call was made as it was a car radiotelephone in the city of Chicago whereas the radio frequencies were maxed out and reached their full capacity because of a smaller number of frequencies available at that time.
- The year was 1956 and the country was Sweden where the first mobile phone system was launched in private vehicles as it was the automatic system. The technology used at that time was a vacuum tube with a rotary dial as the device was installed in the car and weighed 40 Kg.
- The engineers from Sweden, Norway, Denmark & Finland established a group which was The Nordic Mobile Telephone (NMT) the purpose of NMT was to develop a better mobile phone system than the US as it was focused on accessibility.
- General manager of Motorola in the year 1973 Dr Martin Cooper made the first public phone call device which weighs 1.1 Kg it was the first firm to mass-produce mobile phones.
- In the year of 1982 administrators and engineers gathered together from eleven European countries to check whether a wide digital cell phone system can be possible in both ways technically and politically in Europe.
- In the UK the first public mobile phone call was made by the comedian Ernie Wise in the year 1985 he was outside Dicken’s Pub which was located in St Catherine’s dock.
- Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) was approved in the year 1987 as it was the standard in technical specifications. GSM was developed by ETSI which is European Telecommunications Standards Institute as it reports the protocols for the digital cellular network which is used by cell phones.
- The year was 1992 “Merry Christmas “the first SMS message in the world which was sent in the UK as 22-year-old Neil Papworth who was a developer in Vodafone had tasked to developed messaging service as this first SMS message was send to the director of Vodafone Richard Jarvis.
- The mobile phone ringtone was the first downloadable content in the year 1998 was sold by Finland’s Radiolinja as the crazy frog was the ringtone and they earned half a billion dollars in total.
- Emojis were invented in the year 1999 by Shigetaka Kurita in the country of Japan. Blackberry phone was invented in 1984 but the phone was unveiled in the year 1999 as they are known to be the ultimate business tool because of their easy email service at that time which allowed the user to respond and read the email from anywhere anytime which was a huge deal at that time which resulted in 83% users responding to the work emails at any time on their holidays.
- In the year 2007 iPhone made its debut in the market UK as it was priced at $499.
Conclusion Now we can see that mobile phone has changed the lifestyle we are living in as it is much better and advance now, we have a different application in our smartphone which are made and designed for a special purpose, we have artificial intelligence in our mobile like Siri, Google Assistant, we have best mobile security. In conclusion, society overall is much smarter and technology advance because of mobile phones.